Thursday 10 December 2009

Adventures in Craft



This is made using alcohol inks on glass and stamped images.I used a simple clip frame which cost less than £1-00.

It makes an inexpensive gift .

I used Autumnal coloured alcohol inks- Rust, Butterscotch, Caramel, Ginger and Terracota, just a few drops of each on the felt applicator. I dabbed and swirled around to get the effect I wanted.I stamped the inked side of the glass(it's less shiny after being inked) with a leaf stamp(Stazon worked best).

This is the adventurous bit, I stamped the glass on the un-inked side with Versamark then heat embossed with gold embossing powder- it worked best on the higher heat setting. I was somewhat anxious that the glass would splinter but it didn't. I'm pleased with the result.

I attached a piece of plain beige card between the glass and the backing board to cover the clips.

2 comments:

Clare said...

Wow that is lovely. The colours go so well.

Clare said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment.

I just love this, the colours are lovely what a great gift to give to somebody.