Monday 30 November 2009

Backgrounds

I've been messing about with alcohol inks , crystal lacquer , acetate, tissue paper plus mica powders and glitters here and there.
I saw a demonstration by the amazingly talented Sue Wilson(Particraft) on a craft programme. She used Autumn colours. I played around with similar colours as well as pinks, blues and purples. I've stamped some leaf shapes with Archival ink onto the acetate. These backgrounds are fun and easy to do, I think even my efforts look OK.

Here's how.
1.What you need
, Acetate, Plain white tissue paper (crumple then unfold),Crystal lacquer, Alcohol inks in several colours, Mica powder
in a blending colour.
2.Squeeze some lacquer over the acetate- swirly pattern, drop some of the alcohol inks into the spaces, sprinkle with a small amount of mica.
Place tissue paper over the mess! Pat gently with kitchen roll and leave to dry- I left them overnight.










Finally this is a blend of pink, pale blue and butterscotch alcohol ink onto acetate.


2 comments:

Clare said...

I am a big fan of background papers I think they give depth and texture.
Your effects have really worked well.

Clare said...

I am a big fan of pretty background colours and yours are lovely. Each one will be unique