Saturday 3 November 2007

Bread

I make bread in my bread-maker. I follow this basic recipe but use any type of strong plain flour. I also use a mixture of white, wholemeal and granary. If the bread maker has two paddles I add half as much of all the ingredients.
300mL Warm Water
1teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
450g Strong bread Flour
1teaspoon Dried yeast

Add the ingredients in the order recommended in your instruction book . select the Normal cycle for white bread.
I often use the Dough Cycle and make rolls which I freeze ready for my family's packed lunches for work and school.
Links and advice about Bread Making and Bread Makers
I live in England so can only give information about the brands I'm familiar with.


Bread



Flour This link is for a really tasty special flour, it's expensive so I combine it with White bread flour.

Basic Bread Flours, supermarket own brands, Hovis, Allinson, Carrs .

Recipes and Advice

Dried Fast Action Yeast supermarket own brand, Allinson


No comments: